Fabric Care : General Fabric Upholstery Care Tips
- Vacuum regularly with a soft upholstery attachment. Dirt combined with body moisture can produce a grime discoloration to the fabric. Vacuuming will also remove grit that can also wear away the fabric.
- When you can, rotate the cushions to even out the wear.
- Use arm caps to help the fabric last longer.
- Follow the upholstery care instructions label attached to the sofa.
- Use a professional dry cleaning service at least once a year to keep the fabric looking good.
- Leave any removable covers on during cleaning to minimize shrinking
- Pilling can happen with some fabrics. This isn’t considered a fault and can be removed using a de-pilling machine.
- Don’t place the sofa in direct sunlight or near heaters as they can fade and damage the fabric.
- Use curtains and blinds to protect your furniture from direct sunlight through windows.
- Don’t pull loose threads, cut them
Is it normal that the cushions of my new furniture be wrinkled shortly after being purchased? Wrinkles or puddles are normal, and are most evident on square, flat cushions. Since the cushions of your furniture are soft and not all fabrics stretch the same way, there will varying degrees of wrinkling. Simply smooth and pat your seat cushions back into shape. If your cushions are movable, alternating their positions is an excellent avenue to take.
A natural settling of the foam within the product is to be expected after any initial use – this is completely normal and not a fault in the product. From time to time we suggest rotating and flipping loose cushions to allow the foam to settle evenly.